No cake is complete without the icing. Fortunately, you can create homemade frosting very easily. These recipes are so simple that even a novice cook will have no trouble whipping them up.
Chocolate and Candy Frosting
Ingredients Required to Make Chocolate and Candy Frosting
- dark chocolate (2 bars)
- a cup of chocolate candies
- butter (4 tbsp)
- half a cup of milk
Instructions to Make Chocolate and Candy Frosting
- Put 2 dark chocolate bars in a saucepan.
- Add in, 4 tablespoons of butter and half a cup of milk.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and mix until the butter melts and becomes soft.
- Allow the mixture to boil and then, from the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Put it inside the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Take the bowl out and add some more milk.
- Stir and add to the cake.
Vanilla or Chocolate Flavored Frosting
Ingredients Required to Make Vanilla or Chocolate Flavored Frosting
- sifted sugar (powdered, 2 cups)
- vanilla (half a tsp)
- milk (3 tbsp)
Instructions to Make Vanilla or Chocolate Flavored Frosting
This homemade frosting is a breeze to make. Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and start mixing. Stir it and add a little bit more milk.
Keep stirring and adding milk until the mixture becomes thin. Pour this over the cake. Leave it on the cake for a couple of hours.
You can also make a chocolate icing instead of vanilla. Just add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa to the mix. Then follow the mixing or stirring process as described.
Vanilla Flavored Frosting II
Ingredients Required to Make Vanilla Flavored Frosting II
- vanilla (2 tsp)
- sifted sugar (5 cups)
- milk (4 tbsp)
- a cup of shortening
Instructions to Make Vanilla Flavored Frosting II
- Pour a cup of shortening and 2 teaspoons of vanilla, in a mixer.
- Beat it for half a minute at medium speed.
- Continue making this homemade frosting by adding 5 cups of sifted sugar. Pour it in, little by little, as the mix is being beaten.
- Add 4 tablespoons of milk.
- Keep adding the sugar and milk until the consistency you like is attained.
Ingredients Required to Make Cheesy Frosting
- cream cheese (1 package)
- vanilla (2 tsp)
- sifted sugar (3 cups)
- butter (half a cup)
Instructions to Make Cheesy Frosting
- Combine 1 package of cream cheese with half a cup of butter and 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Beat it until the mixture turns fluffy.
- Add 3 cups of sifted sugar, a little at a time. Stir until you get the consistency you want.
- Store it in the refrigerator until you need to use this homemade frosting.
Butter and Chocolate Frosting
Ingredients Required to Make Butter and Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 a cup of butter
- cocoa powder (1/3 cup)
- nuts (1/2 cup)
- powdered sugar (2 cups, sifted)
- milk (1/3 cup)
Instructions to Make Butter and Chocolate Frosting
Put 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of butter, and 1/3 cup of milk, in a bowl. Boil it. Now, add 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar and continue beating it.
When the mixture is smooth, add 1/2 a cup of nuts. Stir until you get the desired smoothness.
Peanut Butter Mix
Ingredients Required to Make Peanut Butter Mix
- butter (2 tbsp)
- sugar (2 cups)
- smooth or crunchy peanut butter (half a cup)
- milk (evaporated, half a cup)
- vanilla (1 tsp)
Instructions to Make Peanut Butter Mix
- Boil 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 a cup of evaporated milk, and 2 cups of sugar for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 a cup of smooth or crunchy peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Keep stirring until the mixture turns smooth.
- You can also try various chocolate and milky bars.
- You can also add candies to the mix.
- The consistency level is really a matter of personal preference.
These homemade frosting recipes should add extra flavor to cakes and other sweets. You can also try mixing fruits.
Be creative and have fun while making these mouthwatering concoctions.